For its client Dock Marine Europe, iol looked at a major project: designing 1 natural water bath in the Villette basin in Paris. Based on the principle of floating cubes distributed by Dock Marine, iol was brought to:
- Think about the assembly of the 3 pools that make up swimming.
- Invent the entire system that constitutes the walls of the basins. To do this, a profile was specifically developed by iol and produced by the company SAPA.
- Provide the covering of the floating cubes with a Nomawood wooden floor from NMC. This task was made possible by the design of decks, edge boards and guardrails to finish the whole.
- Find tailoring and assembly solutions through the search for suitable materials and suppliers.
- Imagine a set of systems allowing the assembly, disassembly and securing of the bathing during its 2 months of use.
After intensive design work and a presence in Paris during assembly to finalize the entire project, the iol team participated in the inauguration of the swim in mid-July 2017. A great satisfaction after having taken up this challenge size carried out in record time!